Thursday, December 2, 2010

Literary Element:Flashback

Jane had many horrible punishments at the Reed's house. Because of them, Jane has always referred to them or compared them to the situation that she is in. Like on page 74, Jane says that she will "never for[get] the...frightful episode of the red-room". This shows how Jane is thinking back to the punishments that Mrs.Reed has given her. In more occasions, Jane does  the same thing. My guess is that Mrs.Reed pretty much left her very frightened of every event that she cannot help but keep thinking of them over and over again.

3 comments:

  1. I like what you put here, but I think what you're describing is actually flashback. Foreshadowing is when you suggest that something is going to happen in the future. I could just be misinterpreting though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant to put that. But I am in a rush doing this, and I accidentally put foreshadowing. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to change that right now!
    -Nalleli:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it's cool I figured you were in a rush. I remembered you talking about this in class so I knew what you meant. You're welcome! :D

    ReplyDelete