Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My poor son.. Chapter 21

      Henry mailed me a letter some time before. In the letter he stated that Victor was acting a little delirious. I worried of course. But he said that he had it under control. He said he would fix this. And I believed him. I believed that things would get better. That the sun will rise once again under my gloom clouds that I carry over my head every day and every second. Everything would be better. Or so I thought. I may say I was in denial. Believing in things that even I knew were so ridiculous. I should have known better. I should have been a better father, a better person.
      So after two months since Henry sent me the letter, I traveled back to where my son was. I guess you could call it a father's instincts, but I knew something bad had occurred. After all the wicked things that have happened in my life, I knew what to expect. Nothing would ever go right. And as to my surprise, when I got there, I found out that Victor was in prison. He had been accused of killing Henry, his best friend since childhood. I couldn't believe it. Another death... Henry was like a son to me. I knew that boy would get somewhere if he just set his mind to it. And yet, he's dead now. Worst of all, Victor is imprisoned because of his friend's death. How can that be? After your best friend, that is pretty much a brother to you, gets murdered, you have to spend your time in such a horrid condition of a jail. What has the world come to now? I knew what I needed to do. I left to visit my son in jail.
       I found him in a horrible place. Where no one should ever be forced to go. He seemed generally pleased that I had gone to visit him. I knew that without my presence he would have probably not survived here. We chatted a while because he was still ill from his time that he had been accused. I attended his trial with him. Even though I knew he was innocent, at the back of my mind I worried that the judge would think of something to convict him. But he was found innocent. When I heard that, I felt as in a thousand pounds were lifted off my body. I breathed a sigh of relief and followed my son out of the horrible courtroom and we departed to Geneva.
                                                                                                    -Alphonse Frankenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment