Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This is where it ends. Chapter 23

     After all these years, I can go on no longer. I am not what I was before. I cannot even get up and walk across the room without getting exhausted. I cannot continue like this. I do not have the energy. My kids have married and left. What I wanted them to accomplish, they did. So I have done what I came to do in this world. This is enough for me. Hold on, Victor is at the door...
     No, this cannot be. Why, dear God, why? Elizabeth, my Elizabeth is no longer with us. I cannot make myself understand that she is gone. That I will never see her face again. That I won't tell her how happy I am of her, of what she has become. I loved all my children and now they are almost all gone. I cannot live like this. God help me.
     Victor has been taking care of me for a couple of days. I have never in my life felt like this before, at least not this strongly. How many deaths has this been? Too many to count. I can barely think about anything anymore. My body is numb, my brain is numb, but most importantly, my heart is numb. I told Victor I loved him. That is what i needed to get off my chest. With that done, I don't have anything else I need to do. So I guess my heart doesn't need to try to work anymore. It stopped beating. It completely stopped.They say some will go to either Heaven or Hell, I guess I will find out when I get wherever I need to go.
                                                                                                           -Alphonse Frankenstein

No comments:

Post a Comment